Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Article Review

I read the article, Using Technology In The Classroom, by Stephanie Reeve Boles that Sarah Kroeger reviewed. I found this article particularly interesting because Boles brought up a very good idea that had not crossed my mind. She explained how she gathered up old computers that no one was using at her school and updated them with various things like new software, more RAM, and wireless cards. This interested me because I enjoy technology greatly and I feel that I could do something like this in my own classroom because it would be easy, cheap, and able to get technology in student’s hands. Boles also brought up a point that technology sparks interest in kids and therefore encourages them to learn. I believe this whole-heartedly because as a student I enjoy classes that utilize technology because I think it enhances my ability to understand the material. All in all, I enjoyed reading this article because Boles shared some tips that she has learned over the years that hopefully I can implement into my classroom. 



No comments:

Post a Comment